GOOD COMPANION DOG TRAINING CLUB
1. The Club shall be called Good Companion Dog Training Club and its objects shall be to promote responsible dog ownership.
2. The Club shall consist of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Hon. Sec. Hon. Treasurer & Asst. Treasurer and a Committee of 7 and an unlimited number of members.
3. i) The management of the Club shall be in the hands of the following officers of the Club, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Hon. Sec. Hon. Treasurer & Asst. Treasurer and a Committee of 7.
ii) Members of the Committee shall be eligible for re-election every year.
iii) All Officers and Committee shall have full voting rights at Committee and General meetings.
iv) Meetings of the Committee shall be held as often as is deemed necessary but at least every 4 months.
v) A quorum for Committee meetings shall be 5 Committee members including at least 1 officer.
vi) The Committee shall have the power to co-opt members on to the Committee should a position become vacant between General Meetings. Those so-opted shall only hold office until the next General Meeting at which an election of Officers and Committee takes place. Co-opted members shall have voting rights at Committee meetings.
vii) No individual who has been a member for less than 2 years may be elected to the Committee.
4. i) Candidates for membership shall be accepted on payment of subscription.
ii) An up to date list of members and their addresses must be maintained.
iii) Each member shall be entitled to one vote after 12 months membership.
iv) Postal/proxy votes are not allowed.
v) Voting shall be by show of hands.
vi) There will be no joint membership
vii) Junior members (up the age of 16) must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Junior members will have no voting rights.
5. The property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee. In the event of the Club ceasing to exist, a final General Meeting shall be called to decide the disposal of the Club's assets.
6. i) A Banking Account shall be held in the name of the Club at RBS (Prestatyn) into which all revenue of the Club shall be paid and from which withdrawal shall only be paid on the signature of the Club’s Hon. Treasurer
ii) Online banking will be carried out by the Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer.
iii). A copy of the annual accounts will be made available to members on request at least 14 days prior to the AGM.
7 i) The annual subscription shall be such an amount as agreed by Members in General Meeting.
ii) No member whose subscription is unpaid is entitled to any privileges of membership and his/her name shall be erased from the register. Acceptance back on the register will be dependent on payment of a new subscription.
Note: Once members have been accepted for membership and, providing they continue to pay their membership subscriptions at the correct time they cannot be refused renewal of membership. With the exception of default on subscriptions, the only way to remove a member is by following the procedure defined in paragraph 8.
8. i) Any member who shall be disqualified under KC Rule A11.j(5) and/or KC Rule A11.j(9) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the Club
ii) If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Club, be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Club, the Committee of the Club may, at a meeting the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the member, determine that a SGM of the Club shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the SGM shall be sent to the accused member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date & hour of the meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the meeting a resolution to expel is passed by a two thirds majority if members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of members.
9. The financial year of the Clubs shall be from 1st September to 31st August.
10. i) The AGM shall be held in September.
ii) The AGM shall receive the report of the Committee, the balance sheet, elect Officers & Committee and discuss any resolution duly placed on the Agenda of which prior notice has been given to the Hon. Sec.
iii) No business shall be transacted at an AGM unless notice thereof appears on the Agenda, with the exception of routine matters or those which, in the opinion of the Chairperson of the meeting are urgent.
iv) Notice shall be given in the Club newsletter with not less than 14 clear days notice. Details of when items are required by the Hon. Sec. for inclusion on the Agenda, which will be circulated at the AGM,will be given on the Club website and Facebook page.
v) The quorum for an AGM shall be the members present, which must include at least 3 Officers and 3 committee members.
11. A EGM/SGM shall be summoned by the Hon. Sec if 25 members send a signed requisition stating the subject to be discussed and requesting a EGM/SGM to do so. The Committee may also call a EGM/SGM. Notice & convening of a EGM/SGM shall be the same as for an AGM. The quorum for an EGM/SGM called by members will be 20 members including at least 3 officers and 3 committee members. The quorum for a meeting called by the Committee shall be 4 including at least 2 officers.
12. The Constitution of the Club may not be altered except at a General Meeting, the notice for which contains specific proposals to amend the rules.